Pierbridge Quality Management System Now ISO 9001:2015 CertifiedPosted on April 02, 2019
Pierbridge has achieved certification from the British Standards Institution (BSI) for the world's most recognized quality management standard— ISO 9001:2015.
Pierbridge's achievement demonstrates not only the presence of a robust quality management system (QMS) operating across the organization but is an indicator of how committed the organization is to meeting, and wherever possible, exceeding our customers’ expectations.
ISO 9001:2015 is based on fundamental, customer-focused quality management principles, company process efficiency, risk awareness, and continual improvement. Achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification means that a business has demonstrated that it operates processes that conform to a globally recognized standard, and that it is prepared to be regularly audited against that standard.
Gaining certification involved looking closely at operating context, leadership, and customers’ needs and expectations, and ensuring that across the business Pierbridge’s processes do two things:
- Align with our strategic objective to consistently deliver products and services that differentiate us in the marketplace, and
- Implement processes that best serve our customers while meeting the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
“Everyone at Pierbridge was involved and contributed to the QMS initiative,” said Bob Malley, managing director of Pierbridge. “It gave us an opportunity to examine processes, interactions across the business, and resourcing requirements. We learned a few things about ourselves and, as expected, made changes. This was one of the points of investing time and energy into ISO 9001:2015 and seeking certification. Now as Pierbridge continues to expand globally, new employees will benefit by coming into a company that knows what it needs to do and how to do it.”
By gaining ISO 9001:2015 certification, customers can be confident that Pierbridge:
- Understands customer needs and expectations.
- Strives to deliver better products and services.
- Commits to ongoing risk assessment and continuous improvement.
- Operates reliable and well-resourced processes.
- Invests in its people and develops their skills.
- Has leadership and management review across the business.
Since being founded in 2004, Pierbridge's objective has been to provide best-in-class TMS technology and services. This achievement is yet another milestone towards this end and represents our status as a truly customer-focused company.